Thursday 26 April 2012

The Prize


or...my shiny new phone!

Although I'm not a massive gadget fan, unlike hubby who always wants the latest electronics, there's something about a shiny new phone that makes me go all a tingle!

However, I do like to keep things shiny, so before it even came out the box I was on Amazon ordering a screen protector and case for it.

3 had set the phone up ready to use, and downloaded some recommended apps to help with the 'mummy challenge' I wrote about to win the competition. I was also asked to arrange to visit my local 3 store for some training on the phone.

Initially thoughts on the phone:

It looks good, but is quite large. Now smartphones are the in thing, mobile sizes seem to have regressed! It wasn't long ago that smaller was better, but now they're designed to be used for surfing the net, watching videos etc, I suppose bigger screens are necessary.

The camera is really good. 8.0 mega pixels. This is especially important with a baby as it means I can take photos on the go without having to haul a camera around. And it's simple to upload straight to facebook to show him off to my friends. It also records video in HD, and as a HD convert this is fab!

The Play Store used for downloading apps, books and movies is very simple to use, you just type in what you're after and browse the results. A lot of the apps are free so I'm looking forward to having a proper play with that.

It also has the usual useful things such as a calendar and calculator, plus extras such as a sat nav, radio and music.

I'll start having a play with my dairy free apps and post some reviews!



No comments:

Post a Comment