Friday 3 August 2012

Lunch Date

At almost 11 months my little monkey is a complete chatterbox and now crawling he never sits still! He's completely exhausting but I am loving every minute. Yesterday we took ourselves out to Bridgemere Garden World. 

It's much more than a garden centre, with other shops attached such as Lakeland and Hobbycraft (two of my favourites!) and lots of lovely gardens to stroll round and check out. They also have a lovely little cafe with a soft play area for the little ones.

Ryan's really good at eating out (he's such an angel that nothing fazes him) and did his best flirting with all the old ladies who stopped to say hello as they passed. I enjoyed a lovely tuna melt toastie and a glass of homemade lemonade, which was delicious, and then we lost our shoes and got into the play area.

It was great to just let him roam around without the worry of him crashing into anything hard, and he loved watching all the other children. Later we strolled around the gardens and he was nice and tired out by the time we got home, all ready for a nap.

I'd definitely recommend Bridgemere for a day out. I'm especially looking forward to their spectacular Christmas event, now that Ryan will understand what's going on this year!

1 comment:

  1. It's really hard sometimes to find somewhere you feel totally comfortable taking the baby isn't it? I have to say, there are only a few places I have found and my daughter is nearly 2 now. I am often amazed how little room there is for prams in shops and cafes for example!

    ReplyDelete