Wednesday 6 January 2016

It's been a while!

Well it's been 2 years since I last blogged, so much for my resolutions of 2014! I had written a whole introduction post with the aim of starting a new blog but then I rediscovered this one and decided to continue it, so will post it here instead! Need to catch up anyway!

So I have 3 boys. When pregnant with number one in 2011 I was desperate for a boy, I think more for the hubby than anything else as I knew that's what he wanted! Number two arrived in 2013, I really wanted my eldest to have a brother, and that's what we got. With number three I think it was just relief that we'd be having another boy - I felt I knew what I was doing with boys, as much as anyone can with children. He arrived in 2015 and completed our family. 

Three babies within 3.5 years. I think I must be a little crazy but most of the time it's fun, and I love that they will grow up together, enjoying the same things at the same time. But the small gap has necessitated babywearing.
I bought a Babasling for my eldest, Ryan, and regret that I have zero photos of him in it! I used the pushchair a lot but carried the sling with me always, as like most babies he loved to be close and carried. While pregnant with my second, Liam, I knew I'd need a better, more sustainable option, as although I loved my Babasling, it wasn't always the most comfortable for a long amount of time. So I discovered South Cheshire Babywearers, my local group. Fell in love with the cosy comfort of the Moby wrap and purchased a Cadbury purple one from eBay. Needed a bit of tweaking once babe arrived but I proudly wore him everywhere in that snuggly piece of cloth!
Liam was a chunk though, and an April baby so by 12 weeks I was too hot and he was too nosey, so I ordered my first woven wrap. A Lenny Lamb outlet buy, still not exactly sure which colour way it is, Summer maybe, but it was love, and I've been wrapping ever since. 
Smallest boy, Luke, had his first carry in a ring sling, my coveted Natibaby giraffes, and as well as being wrapped in my own humble stash, he has been lucky enough to try a number of tester wraps, as I am now involved in running South Cheshire Babywearers, having been volunteering there since Liam was small really, with a brief break when I returned to work. So I thought I'd start a page where I could share my reviews and love for the art of babywearing. And here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment